1. Andrew
Bustamante: He is a pretty
valuable resource, seeing as he is my in when it comes to health related services.
Talking to him definitely helped me understand the demand better, and I
appreciate the fact that he is willing to follow up with me about the app idea.
2. Dr.
Meera Menon: Another example of
social capital, the doctor has given me insight from the other side of the
curtain as well, proving to be a valuable resource when it comes to defining
what we can and cannot do with the application.
3. Mrs.
Sudha: A great connection,
though she has not been able to give my idea enough attention for me to be able
to list her as a valuable resource.
4. People
Skills: One of my greatest
assets, the way I am able to interact with, understand, and respond to
individuals, even if I have just met them, is something that will be put to
good use with the app. Though these are soft skills, it seems as though they
aren’t as common with people as they should be, making me stand out.
5. Communication
skills: Another form of human
capital and soft skills, my communication skills, paired with my people skills
will set me apart from the rest. I am able to build off other people’s
thoughts, personalities, and ideas and I believe this would help my put
together a great team for the purpose of making this service possible.
6. Parents
Willing to Invest: A form of financial
capital, the fact that my parents would be willing to fund my app, while amazing,
would be better received if it was someone who is not related to me personally.
This resource also is not that rare, I feel as though there are a lot of
people, students in this class included whose parents would be willing to
invest.
7.
Connection to computer engineers: I know enough fellow students at UF, as well
as others including my mother, who would be able to put technical effort into
making this service a reality. While its great as an idea, I would need people
to help implement those ideas and this is where this social capital would come
in handy.
8.
Knowledge and passion for health
administration: This is what started
me on this adventure, and gave me the idea in the first place. Though it
started and propelled me, there are plenty of other who share my major so its
not that rare or inimitable. However, I’m sure it will only serve to push me
further on this journey.
9.
Dedication/Perseverance: I know that once I set my mind to something, I
make sure to get it done to the best of my ability, often going as far as
involving other people to get multiple perspectives. I know that this is
increasingly important in this field, as there is such a large percentage of
ideas that get thrown away just because people don’t want to commit to it.
10. Connection
to Health Professionals: I
have the privilege of being connected to multiple professionals because of how
many family friends we have that are in health related services. I feel as
though I would be able to talk to anyone I needed to get to, in the different
paths of health services whether it be administration or physicians.
I think my top resource would be my “soft skills” My
competency when it comes to interacting and communicating with people as I
prove myself to be competent will be the number one driving force behind the
success of such a service, should I pursue it. Even if I had everything else
but did not have this set of abilities, I feel as though I would be nowhere. I
know that this is the ability that will
bring everything else together and set things in motion.
No comments:
Post a Comment