1. Individual
1: Andrew Bustamante, Works with Aetna, an American Health care company which
sells health insurance plans and services such as medical, pharmaceutical,
dental, behavioral health, long-term care, and disability plans.
2. Mr. Bustamante serves as
the domain expert in this assignment, who knows the ins and outs of what I’m
trying to achieve and knows the business really well, having spent a lot of
time working with Aetna.
3. I met the person through
my father, as part of a Public Speaking Event under Toastmasters International.
I learned that Mr. Bustamante was an retired CIA Agent who then pursued a
career in health care management, which is exactly the field that I want to pursue.
I was able to get his email and contacted him to talk about my idea.
4. After talking to him
about the idea, he said that someone else had talked to him about the same
concept of making the medical process more efficient, or that there might have
been an app already made that does the same thing. He sees the potential in
making the waiting room more streamlined as well, and said he would send me
more information about the do’s and don’ts in terms of what the hospital is
allowed to use and what they aren’t.
5. This exchange would
open the doors for an internship in which I would be able to learn more about
the demand in healthcare and the services that customers are willing to pay for.
1. Individual 2: Dr. Meera Menon, House head surgeon at Brandon
Regional Hospital
2. Dr. Menon is a supplier in the industry, being the
more direct form of supplier of medical services.
3. She is a family friend and I had her personal number.
4. The favor she did for me was connect me to a woman in
management on her team at the Brandon Regional Hospital, that would be able to
give me more information. I however, was not able to contact this person yet,
having received her information last minute.
5. This would help me enhance my ability because of the
perspective she gave me from the medical suppliers’ s point of view. This helps
me understand the other side of things rather than just looking at the customer.
1. Individual #3: Mrs. Sudha, Works with IT and
healthcare services from a medical company that caters to people from their
homes.
2. She fulfills the role of being an expert in this
field, being as involved in technology and medical services the way she is.
3. Another family friend, contacted through email.
4. I emailed her asking about the
possibilities of such a service and the feasibility when it came to
actually producing such an app for patients. She did not get back to me yet,
however. I’m hoping to get a perspective of how feasible this is for patients
and whether it would actually benefit people in the long run.
5. I believe this would be on of the most valuable
perspectives because she would be able to tell me how accurate my view of the
demand is, and how well I am reading customer’s desires for such a product.
Hello Sri,
ReplyDeleteI believe you captured your industry leaders very well. I see that family friends are a very useful resource in your case, especially in the field of Healthcare. You got the viewpoints from the perspective of developing a new app, and discovered that it was feasible. If there is already an app of the same nature as one of your sources described, then you can potentially download it and improve upon the design from an interface and functionality standpoint.