Friday, September 1, 2017

3A – Your Entrepreneurship Story

     

    Both my parents were entrepreneurs, in their own right. It started before I was born, when my father was laid off from his job. Both he and my mother, knowing that a portion of the money they would earn working for another company would not all be sent to them, instead decided to create their own business in our basement in Edison, New Jersey. My parents created a business called 3Net Business Solutions, which was created with the goal of providing professional devices in the software industry. Both my parents are software engineers, and their focus was resourcing professionals and providing them as consultants by connecting them to corporations. The business went on for three years and they designed their own logo, and even got around to hiring a couple employees. However, the stress of the job got to them and they eventually merged with another company that belonged to a friend.


       The reason I chose this class was because of an interest in solving issues that are present in our community and society. When I see an issue or a problem that affects me or my friends, my mind immediately goes to how I would better that situation. I don’t always pursue the process of carrying out the solution, however I enjoy looking at the world that way. I’m hoping this class will give me more opportunities to do this, and hopefully take it one step further and implement these solutions and satisfy the needs and desires of the public.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Sri,

    I found it very interesting how your parents formed their own technology company as early as they did. I wonder if the company would still be around providing must newer technology if the stress of the job hadn’t led them to merge. I believe we have similar minds critically, because when a problem arises there are always the people who are quick to try and solve them. Sometimes things don’t go according to plan, or maybe there was never a plan to begin with, either way I enjoy thinking on my feet as much as you do. Hope to read more of your posts in the future!

    ReplyDelete