Friday, September 29, 2017

8 Solving the Problem

The issue at hand, is an overarching lack of education in people regarding medical information including diagnosis, symptoms, and treatments. This often causes patients to panic and run for the ER for things that can easily be treated at home; this then causes them to rack up huge bills that are unnecessary. Hospitals often won’t tell people that, and will take their money; they are, after all, a business as well as a public service. This in turn, created an opportunity for the service I created.

My service that will solve the issue of the lack of medical knowledge in patients and save money for them in the long run is the application detailed in the previous post. This app will combine an information service that will detail symptoms, diagnosis, etc very much like the Web MD service on the internet. This app will then take it one step further by incorporating a chat service in which licensed professionals will be able to provide real time help in answering any questions patients might have. A secondary application of this app could also include getting vitals, medical information, etc uploaded in a timely manner so that this step can be skipped in the case of a necessary visit to the Emergency Room.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sri,
    I like your opportunity here. Education on medical issues that can be treated at home is important. I know there are times I just needed to run to CVS to grab over the counter medicine. Instead, I went to the doctor's office and wasted my time and money. I am also lucky to have a doctor as a family friend. I also go to him for any question. I like that the app would have real tie help in answering questions.

    ReplyDelete