Wednesday, December 6, 2017

29 Venture Concept No 2

 The service I am presenting is an app that combines an information search as well as customer service/on-call support to help individuals reach a diagnosis as well as a decision regarding whether future steps might have to be taken and what steps those are based on the information found through the app. The purpose to save people, especially millennials like me, time, energy, and money. This will increase the efficiency of such a situation as well as improve relations between provider and patient as the patient will not have more information and be able to understand the who, what, when, how, and why of their diagnosis and treatment. The forces in the environment that created this opportunity is the constant demand for services relating to healthcare whether it be related to insurance or other aspects of the relationship between patients and medical providers. Healthcare is a hot topic of conversation and has been for awhile, leading me to think that it will continue to be around for enough time for this venture and subsequent ventures to take off and really garner enough success to make this global.

   I believe that customers would switch to this new product because its purpose is to help them save money and become more aware of what is going into their treatment. It might be hard at first to get them to switch because of credibility factor that I would be fighting, but I think it would just have to be advertised the right way. What would make this issue all but disappear would be to get someone with weight to back my service and throw their credibility behind the venture in order for me to win customers’ trust.  I would reach out to one of my contacts in the medical field to sell it to them first and get them on board. Customer support is a big concept with my service, as that is what I had in mind when I thought of the medical professionals that would be on call to help out individuals who needed a second opinion. I would, of course, make this app affordable with a small monthly fee that people can choose to apply in order be able to access the customer service side of the app, rather than just the information search. A business would most definitely help push the venture; I always think a team is better than just one person trying to push an idea. The business would have a team of computer engineers who would be able to do the actual coding for the app to work, while there would also be a team oriented around thinking of fresh new ways to apply the app as well as new products. Finally there would be a segment of the business just focused on advertising and getting the app known to the target group, as well as getting more and more companies and high-ranking individuals to back the app so it gains more popularity that way as well. The different aspects of the company would come together to achieve the end-goal of making medical aid easier to access for people on a global scale.

   I believe that my venture’s secret sauce or main advantage would be the demand for services that enhance the medical experience in the United States today. The situation, whether it is insurance or whether its just the lack of flow of information between providers and clients, has been a hot concept for a while. I believe that this demand coupled with the skills that I have regarding communication and people will be the thing that sets me and my app apart from the rest. This is something that will make it hard for competitors to copy my success.
In terms of what I see next for the venture, I believe that what I would try to make happen is allowing this service to be something that can be accessed in low-income neighborhoods and impoverished areas. What I have in mind is either setting up tablets or some sort of interface that would allow a wider target set to reach the same services that were meant originally for just millennials. This service would still be coupled with human interaction since actual medical care is what is truly lacking in these areas; this would ensure that the process was not entirely digitized.

   At the end of the day, my goal was really to make medical care more affordable, more efficient, and more accessible for as many people as possible – especially people who would have trouble with it in the first place. I would want this service to have reached a global scale in about 5 years, with the app reaching more people and fulfilling more and more roles in the medical arena, with the goal of making the whole process more streamlined and easier to handle for individuals who need it.

I kept most of my venture concept the same because I did not receive much feedback that echoed the sentiment that I should change it. In fact, the ideas I proposed in this venture concept about the ways I would expand the app to include the older generation was very well-received. I am still trying to find ways to include a wider target market, however.

The health field is something I am very passionate about, especially because its purpose at its core is to help other people. I know that there is a huge market for this field in regards to services that can aid in treating people and giving them proper, medical care; the possibilities are close to endless and I really want to explore all my options, knowing that this first venture would help set the stage and my credibility for future endeavors.  


                                    


1 comment:

  1. Hey Sri,
    It’s too bad that you didn't get constructive feedback on your app, but it's also a good sign that you have a solid idea. I think feedback in this class is a great way to improve your idea, and I'm glad I could see your concept grow to reach a wider audience. Your inclusion of low income neighborhoods in your field is inspiring, and I'm glad that your concept has grown to what it is. Thanks for an entertaining year!

    ReplyDelete