Wednesday, December 6, 2017

30 Final Reflection

What sticks out to me as my most formative experience is most probably reading Carol Dweck’s book about having a growth mindset as well as creating my venture concept. The book really solidified my decision to start thinking differently about situations and start building a mentality that worked on what I would change to succeed in the future rather than fixating on failure. The venture concept really had me surprising myself with how passionate I actually was about the project and it made me realize that I really wanted to pursue it in real life rather than just for the class assignments. This made me very proud as I realized how capable I was of coming up with a plan for this venture that took me beyond the next few years.
I can see myself as an entrepreneur where I didn’t really see myself as one before. I really didn’t see myself as capable of being an entrepreneur; I thought it required a lot more than what I realize now to just be creativity, drive, and tenacity.
The one recommendation that I would give future students would be to keep an open mind and really analyze your strengths and what you have to offer the world. Utilize those strengths to put you in a position to win; I promise you that you have something unique that will propel you to the top. Even qualities that seem insignificant can be turned into a super strong skill. And enjoy yourself. This class gives you the opportunity to really test the limits with your imagination to see what you can come up with. Find what seems impossible and use what you know to make it plausible. Best of luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment