Friday, October 6, 2017

12 Figuring Out Buyer Behavior

Based on the 3 relevant interviews I conducted, I gathered information that backed up my original opinion (that made me realize a need for this application) and reinforced the ideas that I had for the app.

After talking to the three, I realized that there is a very similar thought process when it comes to the emergence of any medical issue, especially in millennials. People usually google their symptoms and either freak out or just chalk it up to something mundane. Usually whatever choice they make is the wrong one. People end up going to the ER for things like a common cold while things like pneumonia are overlooked. They said that having a chat service attached to the app would be what would really draw them in, because talking with a real person, especially one with qualified experience, is the reassurance they would want in that type of situation. I also interviewed 2 individuals that did not have the need, simply because they either had the means to pay for any visits to the ER that turned out to be extraneous or because they had a mother or father than was in the medical profession and thus, could be on hand in case of any issues.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sri,

    What I do when I notice something wrong with me is exactly what you found in your interviews. I google it and freak out and think so many things are wrong with me, but once going to the actual doctor, they calm me down and let me know what is actually wrong with me. I personally always try to self diagnose myself instead of going to the doctor and wasting money. Unless it is urgent, I normally will freak out simply to myself and then figure out a way to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete