Friday, October 27, 2017

18 Create a Customer Avatar

The prototypical customer in my segment could be described as a millennial or someone who is either in or fresh out of college. They would not have that much money to fall back on and are on the lookout for a solid job that will help solve this problem of finances. They would live a low-maintenance lifestyle and would not spend that much money on things that are unnecessary. The typical customer would own the following: most probably a Honda civic or a Toyota Camry. They would be living in an apartment, with other roommates and would pay an average of 500-800 per month on their living situation. They might be in a long-term relationship at this point but could also just be living the single life at this point ( not looking for anything serious). An average customer would probably work at a minimum wage job or an unpaid internship in their field of study and would average an age of 19-23.

I have a lot in common with the customer avatar, being in college myself. I have a job at Dunkin Donuts which provides me with spending money but definitely is not going to be anything more than temporary. Everything else applies to me as well; I drive a white Toyota Camry and tend to live on a tight college budget. I do not think this is a coincidence actually. I believe that I came up with this service because being part of the customer segment, I’m better at relating and knowing what they want. I believe that being more attuned to this segment also gives me that advantage because I would be able to better tell where the demand would be and for what services. 

No comments:

Post a Comment