Friday, October 20, 2017

16 Whats Your Secret

In my opinion, the 5 things that make me unique are the way I meet new people, my confidence, my problem solving skills, my ability to empathize with people, and my public speaking skills.


·        Meeting New People: I’m very good at making people feel comfortable with me, even if we have just met. I hate when things are awkward and often try my best to surpass this stage of any interaction with someone new, because chances are they’d hate it as much as I do. I take pride in making people feel comfortable with me and free enough that they can be themselves with me pretty soon.
·        My Confidence: I take on situations with confidence, even if I don’t always know what I’m doing. I often take charge in team situations naturally, and I enjoy being a leader in both school and work.
·        My Problem Solving Skills: Whenever confronted with an issue, I usually think outside of the box. Though that seems cliché, I often find myself looking at non-original ways to solve problems in daily life. On a team of individuals working towards a common goal, I feel as though this would definitely set me apart from the rest.
·        My Ability to Empathize: I find that people often come to me to talk about their problems, because of how easy I find it to empathize with others. I’m a very emotional person myself, and often make decisions based on how I feel. This goes as far as how attuned I am with people around me; I am easily influenced by others’ moods and feelings. Though this can be dangerous, I’ve found that it helps relate to others in conversations and relationships.
·        Public Speaking Skills: Last but not least, my public speaking skills are one of my biggest assets. My ability to communicate an idea expressively has always been one of my strongest skills, as I’ve grown up giving speeches. I feel as though the purpose of my speeches are almost always to inspire because I love to bounce off the audience’s emotions and feedback. Most people really fear speaking in public, and dread giving presentations in class or for work. But I love it, and I think this passion is what sets me apart and gives me an extra boost compared to others.


The people I interviewed echoed more or less, the same sentiments as I did when discussing my major skills and attributes. 4 out of 5 people I interviewed were people that I met within the last 2 years, which says a lot about skills 1 and 4. I didn’t see a lot of differences between the way my friends analyzed me and my own analysis. I think that one thing that could be found common among all the attributes that I assigned myself was the passion I had for each skill. I feel as though the fact that I enjoyed having those skills, and using those skills sharpened those abilities. This just goes to prove what people often say about doing things that you enjoy because the outcome will just be that much better. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sri,

    I like how you defined your character traits and fully related them to you. The only thing I suggest is including 5 videos of your interviewees, but you gave a good synopsis of what they said about you. Some of your interviewee's saw what you saw in yourself, while others did not at all. That was similar with me and I believe it is because humans are narrow-minded in who they think they are. Overall, great post!

    ReplyDelete