Friday, October 13, 2017

14 Halfway Reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. The behaviors that really kept me on track with this course was planning ahead for assignments and keeping reminders for the different assignments and when they were due. It’s easy to forget things when you don’t write them down, and even while the due dates for this class are pretty routine, it’s easy to get caught up and forget. Time management is also key; you don’t want to spend too much time on a low-level task because you could be using the time and energy on something that actually requires more attention from you. Time is a limited commodity, use it wisely.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. There were a couple moments, not only in regards to this specific class, where I felt like giving up. This usually entailed me looking at an assignment at the last minute and trying to see whether I really needed to do it to get a good grade or whether I could let it slide. What made me stop thinking like that was remembering that its easy to let a lot of little things slide, and eventually they add up. By that time, its too late to go back and fix things. I try to tell myself that its not an emergency and that I should save that margin of missed points for a time that I really can’t manage to come through. I definitely have developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months, and shallow as it may seem, seeing my points add up in the gradebook is what keeps me going.

3) Three tips.  Three tips that I would offer the next semester’s student to foster tenacity would be to 1. Plan ahead of time for what you know you have to do. 2.Make sure you practice time management in a way that makes you most efficient 3. Reward yourself after you complete a task as a way to reinforce your efforts and pushing forward.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sri,

    I highly agree on you reflection of this course. Time management as a full time student is crucial. This class requires a lot of time because of how much thought we need to put into each assignment. The tips your provide are great for future students who take this course. Planning ahead for this course relieves stress on ourselves.

    Great reflection!

    ReplyDelete