1.
I am a Business Administration student seeking a career focused
on Public Health. I’ve had experience both shadowing at a multi-specialty
hospital in India but also on the other side of the curtain, when I was
admitted to the ER for an abscess. Because of these experiences, I have
gathered that there are a few issues concerning efficiency in the health field.
I hope to, with this service as well as my career, eventually eradicate these
problems so that getting treated or receiving medical attention is easier and
more cost-efficient for everyone involved.
2.
The service that I am offering customers is an app that
customers can download on their phones that will help them with diagnosis of
their perceived medical issue while being able to get real time help from
professionals on call, in order to decide whether it can be taken care of
quickly, whether it should just be brought up during the next doctor’s visit,
or whether this is something that Urgent Care should take care of. The app, in
the case that Urgent Care is needed, will be able to send any medical
information pertinent directly to the ER ahead of time, so that they already
have your information by the time you get there, thus streamlining the process
and avoiding the long, stereotypical waiting time.
3.
I’m offering this app to millennials especially, as they are
usually the individuals who are looking to minimize expenditure, as they don’t really
have a solid income flow yet.
4.
This will save them money long-term and also time, in the case
that they do have to go to Urgent Care.
5.
My app, though it provides a research service that can also be
accomplished through simple web-surfing, makes sure all pertinent information
is in place and also provides a more user-friendly approach with more reliable
diagnoses than simply Google. These diagnoses also have the opportunity to be
vetted by real-time professionals so you can get a more experienced opinion and
get any questions answered by qualified individuals.
I believe these elements do fit together in a
way that would justify such an application being designed and built; however I
am looking for more ways to distinguish this app from other existing services
in a manner that will make it more appealing, and hence more profitable in the
long run and over a wider target base.
Hi Sri,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear you and to go to the ER, but it is good that you have experienced both sides. It is very valuable information you have to better your app. Your experiences and knowledge do fit together that justify your app. This could help save time and money for issues that people don't know what to do with. Good job.
Hey Sri,
ReplyDeleteI've never been the person to google any symptoms or illness. Now, If there was an app that guaranteed me I was ill and can direct to me to the nearest urgent care without the long wait time, I’d definitely download this app. I’m curious as to how will professionals know what is wrong without actually seeming me? You mentioned this app is geared toward millennials, but my mother is 55 with an Iphone and is always on the web diagnosing herself. I think ages between 30 and 60 will benefit from this too. This a great idea and I’d love to hear more about this (:
Hi Sri,
ReplyDeletePersonally, I google my symptoms to illness's every time I am sick, so this idea really stands out to me. I hate waiting a long time for doctors and I hate not knowing what is wrong with me, so this idea is great! I would download it in a heart beat. I am not sure on how it compares to other apps in the store because I have not researched any. I think it is all about how you market this kind of idea!